This short blog post contains some interesting information about IBM acquisitions.
It shows a slideshare presentation that shows the web site screen shots of the companies that have been acquired.
As you can see IBM has been very busy in shifting and transforming the business’ core capabilities.
If you look into the capabilities of these companies you see trends in the current and future focus of IBM namely the following:
- SaaS – Software as a service
- DBaaS – Database as a service
- NLP – Natural Language processing
- AI – Artificial Intelligence
- Cognitive computing
- Video / TV Streaming
- Healthcare and digital patient management
- Customer Success
- Security and Identity